Construction Safety and Health Certificate
- Program Requirements
- Why Choose a Certificate?
Program AdministratorContact for program-related questions Georgia Tech OTI Education Center
Construction Safety and Health Certificate
Keep your co-workers and company safe by expanding your expertise on safety issues and OSHA regulations with our Construction Safety and Health Certificate. You’ll learn more about how to prevent accidents in the field of construction as well as how to effectively communicate with regulatory agencies.
- Certificates must be completed within 6 years; courses completed more than 6 years ago may not be applied toward certificate.
- All courses applied to a certificate program must be taken from Georgia Tech.
- This certificate does not require an application.
Your path to achievement is easy! Most certificate courses are offered in classroom locations around the U.S. You can also inquire about training at your location.
- Course load determines the cost of a certificate program.
- Calculate your total by identifying the courses needed and tallying individual course fees. Some programs offer discounts for course bundling.
- Select a certificate program, review the requirements, and determine your timeline for completion.
- Add courses to your shopping cart for purchase as you are ready to take them, or as a bundle if desired.
- Proceed to checkout to complete your registration. We accept multiple forms of payment including credit card, purchase order, a private loan (upon request), and VA benefits for certain programs.
- Certificates must be completed within six years.
- After successful completion of most individual courses, a Certificate of Course Completion will be sent.
- After successful completion of all required courses, request a transcript and program certificate audit.
- Upon verification, GTPE will email your transcript and mail your Certificate of Program Completion. Some programs host a certificate award ceremony during the final course.
Once you earn your Georgia Tech Program Certificate, tout your success on your resume and LinkedIn profile, share with your employer, and celebrate an important career growth achievement!
Why Choose a Certificate?
Professional Certificates are ideal for developing new skills and building deep expertise in a specialized area to update your professional profile, advance your career, or broaden your knowledge base.
Certificates are an “anytime” credential
Start anytime - after graduation or later in your career - and gain deeper know-how in a specific area without the commitment to a degree.
Certificates demonstrate commitment
The dedication of time to earn a certificate demonstrates that you are committed to achieving a higher standard of professional knowledge in your industry.
Certificates provide immediate “ROE”
Georgia Tech learners master real-world skills and apply them to their career the day after completion.
Certificates stand out on your resume
A Georgia Tech credential carries the professional weight to give you a competitive edge.
Who Should Attend
This certificate is designed for directors, superintendents, supervisors, managers, contractors, and workers in the construction industry.
How You Will Benefit
- Increase your company’s safety record and reduce injuries and health problems on your crew.
- Expand your understanding of OSHA regulations, guidance documents, and regulatory interpretations.
- Learn how to deal with potential hazards in construction.
- Become familiar with the 1926 construction code and how it affects your team.
Grow Your Professional Network
Taught by Experts in the Field
Understand industrial hygiene practices along with OSHA regulations and procedures. You’ll learn about OSHA health standards, respiratory protection, exposure limits, engineering controls, hazard communication, hearing protections, and other related topics. You’ll practice using scenarios to…View Course Details »
Nov 6, 2023 - Nov 10, 2023Register By Nov 3, 2023Atlanta, GA$965
Mar 25, 2024 - Mar 29, 2024Register By Mar 22, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Nov 4, 2024 - Nov 8, 2024Register By Nov 1, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Master practicing excavation and trenching the safe way with this course that focuses on adhering to OSHA standards. On a hands-on field trip, you’ll learn how to use instruments like penetrometers and torvane shears and conduct a soil sedimentation test.View Course Details »
Mar 26, 2024 - Mar 29, 2024Register By Mar 26, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Understand how to safeguard your workers from falls. In addition to learning about state-of-the-art technology and OSHA requirements for fall protection, you’ll study and take part in a one-day field exercise demonstrating the principles of fall protection along with the ins and outs of fall…View Course Details »
Jun 25, 2024 - Jun 28, 2024Register By Jun 21, 2024Atlanta, GA$885
Aug 13, 2024 - Aug 16, 2024Register By Aug 8, 2024Savannah, GA$885
Gain an in depth overview of scaffolding safety. In this course, you will identify basic scaffold hazards and review OSHA’s scaffold standard, subpart L, in order to increase safety standards when using scaffolding. However, this course is not intended as training for erectors or dismantlers,…View Course Details »
Mar 25, 2024 - Mar 25, 2024Register By Mar 22, 2024Atlanta, GA$305
Oct 7, 2024 - Oct 7, 2024Register By Oct 3, 2024Savannah, GA$305
Learn how to become a construction outreach trainer capable of teaching both 10- and 30-hour construction industry courses. You’ll absorb practical training techniques with a special emphasis on the most hazardous areas in construction. This course is for both private- and public-sector…View Course Details »
Nov 13, 2023 - Nov 17, 2023Register By Nov 13, 2023Atlanta, GA$965
Feb 12, 2024 - Feb 16, 2024Register By Feb 9, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Apr 8, 2024 - Apr 12, 2024Register By Apr 1, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
May 13, 2024 - May 21, 2024Register By May 6, 2024Online$965
Jul 23, 2024 - Jul 26, 2024Register By Jul 18, 2024Savannah, GA$965
Sep 9, 2024 - Sep 13, 2024Register By Sep 2, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Nov 11, 2024 - Nov 19, 2024Register By Nov 4, 2024Online$965
Brush up on the latest OSHA standards and interpretations, Outreach Trainer Program Requirements, and safety and health topics in order to maintain your OSHA Authorized Outreach Construction trainer status. To remain authorized, this course must be taken every four years prior to trainer…View Course Details »
Oct 31, 2023 - Nov 2, 2023Register By Oct 24, 2023Atlanta, GA$720
Dec 4, 2023 - Dec 7, 2023Register By Nov 28, 2023Online$720
Jan 9, 2024 - Jan 11, 2024Register By Jan 3, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Feb 5, 2024 - Feb 8, 2024Register By Jan 29, 2024Online$720
Mar 5, 2024 - Mar 7, 2024Register By Feb 29, 2024Savannah, GA$720
Jun 11, 2024 - Jun 13, 2024Register By Jun 4, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Jul 8, 2024 - Jul 11, 2024Register By Jul 1, 2024Online$720
Aug 27, 2024 - Aug 29, 2024Register By Aug 20, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Oct 1, 2024 - Oct 3, 2024Register By Sep 24, 2024Atlanta, GA$720
Oct 28, 2024 - Oct 31, 2024Register By Oct 21, 2024Online$720
Dec 9, 2024 - Dec 12, 2024Register By Dec 2, 2024Online$720
The Occupational Health & Safety (OSHA) Standards for Construction provides a fundamental understanding of proper safety standards and safety principles for the construction industry. Standards from OSHA will provide an understanding of hazardous situations and how to prevent and navigate them…View Course Details »
Oct 16, 2023 - Oct 20, 2023Register By Oct 13, 2023Atlanta, GA$965
Nov 27, 2023 - Dec 5, 2023Register By Nov 20, 2023Online$965
Jan 22, 2024 - Jan 26, 2024Register By Jan 18, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Feb 26, 2024 - Mar 1, 2024Register By Feb 23, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Apr 23, 2024 - Apr 26, 2024Register By Apr 18, 2024Savannah, GA$965
Jun 3, 2024 - Jun 7, 2024Register By May 31, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Aug 5, 2024 - Aug 9, 2024Register By Aug 2, 2024Atlanta, GA$965
Dec 2, 2024 - Dec 6, 2024Register By Nov 29, 2024Atlanta, GA$965